Saturday 19 January 2013

January 19 - Back to Walkerville

We slept in a bit (ok, I did... Steve took daddy duty), and relaxed for awhile at the Venus Bay house before getting back in the car. We decided to take another stab at Walkerville on the way home, and I'm so glad we did! We planned ahead (see life lesson 12) and went at low tide. The rocks and caves were awesome. We easily climbed down to a fairly isolated bay, and successfully picnicked before exploring the rocks a bit.




















Steve and climbed out to the edge of a rocky peninsula, and thought about swimming to a rock island a bit further out. With the tide coming in though, it got a bit sketchy. Instead we jumped in to water out on the peninsula, and swam back to the sandy shore.




After an amazing and exhausting few days vacation, it was nice to get back to Melbourne. That evening, we put Casper to bed, ordered indian food and watched Young Guns on the projector. I fell asleep halfway through the movie, with sand still between my toes and salt water in my hair. Life is good. Australia is being incredibly kind to me.
The next few days we will be hanging around Melbourne some more, taking it easy. I've started to read my SE Asia guidebook, and am attempting to come up with a loose itinerary (suggestions welcome). Today I have barely left the house, happy to write these posts and catch up on emails, etc. Who knows what tomorrow holds. I'll keep you posted.
Next week, we are planning another trip, this time visiting Steve's family, then camping in South Australia for 5 days or so. Exciting!
Until next time.
Jessica

Location:Walkerville, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment