Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 2- appendix


So I'm going to stick with day 2, because it feels like day 2 and I've had a lovely day and want to add to my earlier post.

Isla and I continued to hang out on the patio until her boyfriend Matthew got home this afternoon, at which point we all went for an early dinner at a lovely place called... Uhh...pop quiz... Catalina? I'm thinking Catalina, which was in a lovely harbour right on the ocean. Apparently these two (Isla and Matthew) are creatures after my own heart, and instead of ordering dinner we ordered about 6 or 7 appetizers, including the most delicious and freshest oysters I've had since I was a kid (on Vancouver island, shout out to Dad, who facilitated the best oysters I've had in my life as a child, where they were plucked out of the ocean and steamed in a bonfire of seaweed at some hippy retreat we went to one time. Let the Australians try to beat that, which they came close to today!).

Anyway, dinner reminded me of a place Joel brought me to last year in Alexandria. The restaurant was right on the water overlooking a beautiful harbour, the seafood was plentiful and fresh, and the wine was lovely. Apparently Isla and Matthew go there a lot, and the staff very friendly with us. I feel like Isla and I get extra special treatment because we have Canadian accents, which is the best because I can still understand everything but am apparently special and adorable because I pronounce the letter R, which is the easiest trick in the book if you ask me.

The weather today has been a bit cloudy and cool ( a measly 20 degrees), and both my hosts have been hilariously apologetic about the apparently sub-par weather, the goofballs. After dinner we came home and had some Australian chocolate treat called like Timmytams or something, because Australians like to name everything hilarious nicknames, and had champagne and did a fake New Years countdown with champagne and everything at 8pm because we had all spent New Years on airplanes. Matthew is an anesthesiologist with an important surgery early tomorrow, so he went to bed before me, which makes me feel like an incredible trooper because I just came of a 30 hour voyage and I'm still staying up later than normal, time adjusted Aussies! Anyway, having outlasted my hosts (yeah, I'm super badass) I am in bed now and it is so much infinitely more comfortable than a plane that I might pass out before finishing this sentence...

Phew. Made it to the end of the sentence, and on to this last paragraph. Ok, good night guys. I forgot my phone at dinner tonight so you'll have to take my word for the fact that we had the best appetizers meal since Alexandria, but here is an adorable picture of Isla, who is clearly Canadian and also clearly the best. I am going to have the best week with her.




Tomorrow. Tomorrow there will be pictures of Bondi Beach. Tune in if you are ready to be incredibly jealous.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment