Friday 15 February 2013

February 4 - Bangkok and bus rides.

This morning I woke up before Tomas, and had breakfast in the adorable little nook on my floor of our hostel. I still can't believe I'm in Bangkok.

I had a vietnamese iced coffee and some scrambled eggs from the food stand outside and it really hit the spot. After a bit of interneting, Tomas and his friends woke up, ready to explore Bangkok a bit.

We walked the busy streets in the heat for awhile, and made our way to Wat Po (I believe), the temple with a giant golden reclining Buddha. The temple grounds were soooo beautiful and intricate.


There were hundreds if not thousands of gold Buddha statues around the grounds.

My favourite were the statues in top hats.

Tomas put his thumb in most photos, but at least I have some proof I was there.


Afterwards we had lunch at a random cheap restaurant overhanging the river that was packed with thai teenagers in school uniforms. Eventually we got s tuk tuk (after having walked around for hours) back to Khao San to grab some quick dinner and got on the overnight bus ride to Ko Phan Ngan.

The journey deserves its own post, so I will fill you in on our voyage later. For now it's late, and just thinking about it after the fact is making me soooo tired.... What a trek!

More later. Miss home, but getting used to not being there! When the heat combines with the hussle and bustle to make Bangkok seem borderline unbearable, I remember how much I prefer it here, compared to the cold darkness of Canadian winter. I makes me feel better. i miss home, But i'm glad i'm not there...

More adventures soon!

posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment